Start the appathon with brainstorming. This is the process by which you and your team spitball ideas, have conversations, and think through issues. Your goal in this step is to define a problem you want to solve and begin to generate ideas on how to solve the problem.
- Form groups between 2 to 4 individuals.
- Find a whiteboard, paper, or large sketchpad to use.
- Designate someone to take rough notes so you can capture your thoughts as they emerge.
Questions to Answer
- What are some concrete problems you (or someone you know) face in education? Have a conversation about these problems.
- Which problem will you focus on as a group?
- What is the anatomy of the problem (what are the parts that contribute to the problem)?
- Who does this problem affect? Why?
- Have other people tried to solve this problem? If yes, what has worked or not worked?
- What will the solution look like?
- What do you need in order to provide a solution?