Abre Community Forums Completed Feature Requests 504 Highlighted on Student App

Tagged: , ,

• Author
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Dave
    Participant

504’s are extremely tough for staff to keep track of.  Students who are on 504 plans are tagged in our SIS like IEP, ELL & Gifted.  I would put 504 at the top of our list to be added to our student dashboard.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

To clarify to this, 504s are part of the new student app IF the 504 is created using Abre plans (not, necessarily in the SIS).

A “material design” chip indicating a 504 on the land page of the student app would do this.

• Please
      Up
      Down
      No Thanks
      Chris Rose
      Keymaster

This feature has been added and is now live!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Chris Rose
    Keymaster

@dave,

As @Zach said, 504’s can be connected to the Students App via creating a Plan. Once a Plan is created and marked as complete, the Plan will be visible to staff/parents.

Creating a chip in theory is easy (next to IEP and ELL) – the difficulty is we find most districts to not store a 504 field in the SIS.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Dave
    Participant

Thanks for the double quick response.  That’s a bummer most don’t store 504 in their SIS.  We’ll explore the student token option for next year.  The bold 504 Y/N view details up top would definitely be ideal.  I’ll start knocking on district doors for you to make sure everyone uses the SIS to record 504 if you’d like 🙂

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    tacox
    Participant

There is a code in our SIS that is used, even though the plan is another system. Could that be pulled? A lot of this ends up being a check on if you need a Manifestation Determination Review.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    jeffers_d
    Participant

Have a few teachers piloting right now and this came up as a request from one of them.

We do indicate if a 504 exists in our SIS (even though the plan itself does not reside there).  I would think it could be added to the Abre_Students.txt file without too much trouble.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    rateno c
    Participant

Our district uses SameGoal to create and store 504s and RIMPs.  It would be nice if these were accessible in plans in PDF as well as a token was created for the student on the baseball card for easy teacher identification.  Student 504 identification is critical for the classroom teacher looking to make accommodations and modifications.

• Please
      Up
      Down
      No Thanks
      Zach Vander Veen
      Keymaster

@rateno-c Completely understand and this would be a great feature/integration. Completing this request requires SameGoal to complete some development (in short: that ball is in their court – assuming their customer base has requested such features). You may want to bring this up with Mike at Samegoal.

Cheers!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Megan
    Participant

New to Abre and want to add my vote that the 504 icon should be one of the top priorities to add. We do have the 504 indicated in our SIS so that part wouldn’t be an issue. And letting districts know that is needed in order for the icon to show up is a workable solution.

As far as providing teachers and staff the actual 504 plan – I understand that isn’t able to be pulled from Samegoal currently based on their permissions. I think we could get around that by uploading the pdf it in student notes for now until a better solution is achieved (ideally that samegoal would allow them to be pulled and then linked through a 504 icon).

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Chris Rose
    Keymaster

This feature will be rolling out shortly. In a few weeks we will make available a “504” chip at the top of a student profile. This status will be populated with data available in the SIS. We will follow up when officially released!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Tricia
    Participant

It has been suggested that an additional “bubble” for 504 be added to the student “baseball” card.  When working with this student whether for behavior, assessment, or schedules it would be nice to know if the student has a 504 as well as having an IEP or gifted status.  This would save time in accessing another system to see if the student has a 504 before making any instructional decisions for the student.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Chris Dam
    Participant

I have also heard this suggestion from districts I work with! Great idea!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

@tricia merging this with a request from Deerpark.

The forum ‘Completed Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.