Abre Community Forums Completed Feature Requests Completed Feature Requests

• Author
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

I’m using this topic to collect feature requests that the team completes over time.

NOTE: This contains multiple merged threads (as of 8/9/19) for different requests. Moving forward we’ll be moving this to a different forum where Topic Threads will remain separate instead of merged.

We’ve closed quite a few feature requests. Thanks to the Dev Team and the community for keeping this moving!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Elliot Fitz
    Participant

Love Abre and all that it can do. And really – this is simply an awesome product so I’m not trying to be nitpicky. But maybe think of changing the icon for conduct? Right now it’s a gavel (which is kind of funny) – but maybe find a more “positive” icon for behavior?

I kinda like the moral icon ūüôā

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Chris Rose
    Keymaster

Currently we use the official Google Material Design icon list.

What would your suggestion be to replace the gavel?

https://material.io/tools/icons/

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    KrissyHufnagel
    Participant

hey Chris!  This came up in Mason too.

How about ?   This sort of looks like a ticket Рgoes w/ PBIS model.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Laura
    Participant

On the main page of Guided Learning (where the lessons all show) put a toggle to turn on/off the lesson.

OR alternative – be able to add “active dates” (and times) to turn on/off guided learning lessons.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

Good suggestion. Added context: Kids are creative. They find the teacher who added “YouTube” to a Guided Learning lesson and memorize that code.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    pfeichtner
    Participant

I like this thought.

Is there a way to make it so that the students would not be able to close out of their browser until the Guided Inquiry lesson is turned off? While I love that it is drastically cutting down on my students being on sites they should not be at that time, some still just end the lesson. It would be nice if they could not end the session once they started in. Is that more how Kiosk mode works? I haven’t experimented a lot with that format.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

@laura and @pfeichtner this feature update went live this weekend! Please let your colleagues know! Excellent suggestion.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

Here’s the current flow:

1. I create a course in the curriculum app
    2. I designate it a “Learn Course”
    3. When I start creating topics for the learn course, it defaults to “number of days” for the topic.

Later, when I edit the topic, number of days changes to “points”.

Feature Request

When a curriculum course is marked as a learn course, automatically make the field “points” instead of number of days.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Chris Rose
    Keymaster

Good catch on this.

This was not the intended behavior and we will fix it in an upcoming update.

Thanks!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Aaron
    Participant

Feature Request: Become a Student Privacy Pledge signatory.

Current signatories include companies like Alma, Clever, Edmodo, Blackboard, Google for Education, Jamf, Khan, Microsoft and hundreds more.

Such a designation may help when going through the clickwrap Google permissions agreement.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

Great suggestion! We actually applied back in late September (still waiting on for application approval).

We’re also investigating the next level – a certification process (not with student privacy pledge) that periodically audits the platform.

IMO – Google has becoming increasingly sensitive to permissions (with good reason). Fortunately for us, we keep improving our relationship with them so that their future changes come well in advance for us to understand.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Aaron
    Participant

Great news! Thanks, Zach!

Aaron

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Tricia
    Participant

Since Abre is the “one-stop shop” for all things for staff and students, it would be great to have a link for the student’s IEP At a Glance on the “student baseball card”.¬† Teachers need to be able to access important information regarding the student’s IEP without having to track down the SpEd teacher.¬† This would help with compliance.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

@tricia this is a great suggestion. And technically, you can do it right now (unfortunately it would take some work – but might be worth it). Here’s a thought though:

1. Create a form. Call it “IEP at a Glance”. Make sure you’re defining it NOT as the actually IEP
    2. Define what fields you want in an IEP at a Glance (I’m thinking some summary information?)
    3. Designate the form a Plan
    4. Complete the plan for kids with IEPs

The downside, of course, is someone would need to summarize the IEP into the IEP at a Glance.

The upside is it would appear in the plans tab of the student profile.

Regarding Integration with SameGoal

This is still on our radar. We had good conversations with them at OSBA. Still investigating.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Tricia
    Participant

<span style=”font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>Currently, the only options the Conduct has are to allow staff to see only the conduct incidents that they submitted or the ability to see conduct incidents for students in the buildings that they are assigned. Abre does not have the ability to restrict the ability to view conduct incidents to only those students rostered to a particular staff member.¬† We would like to have the ability for teachers to view the conduct of students rostered to them.¬† This would help with communication between staff members and teams of teachers who share the students.¬†¬†</span>

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    tacox
    Participant

This is especially important in the elementary context where homeroom teachers serve as the clearinghouse for student concerns. They can’t readily see information coming in from other parts of the school.

I would also add that personal referrals are less useful in the current configuration in that they could be/are used for simple non-behavior documentation similar to PowerSchool’s log entries. If the serving teachers or school staff (ex secretary) can’t see it, it becomes less useful and likely won’t be used.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

@tacox and @tricia. Happy to say this is done. Let us know if you run into issues.

Many good vibes to the Hamilton family!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Tricia
    Participant

It would be nice for the Abre Super Admin to have the ability to opt into all created streams (forced and non-forced).  Currently, the super admins only have the ones they created.  It would be beneficial to be able to see the lines of communication within the buildings to staff and students.  (Who is using it, who is not? Who do we need to coach that are not using it? etc.)

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

To riff off Tricia’s point – I could see a lot of benefit for this. Perhaps an extra toggle available only for super admins:

screen

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

@tsmith done!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Dustin
    Participant

I have spent quite a bit of time in the Assessment builder the past few days. I noticed that while in the builder I could not see the name of the assessment I was working on. It would be nice to see the name to make sure you are editing the correct assessment (and did not click on the wrong one by accident).

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Brandon Wilson
    Participant

Hi Dustin,

This feature has been implemented. Now, if you navigate to an assessment you will see the name of the current assessment located next to the back button at the top of the page.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and feature request!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    dmoss
    Participant

When building a pacing guide in curriculum, the ability to use CTRL to select multiple standards would be helpful to eliminate the repetitive task of selecting bank, grade level, …

Or if this is something I can already do easier, please advise ūüôā

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

@dmoss We’ve implemented a solution with our most recent release. While you cannot select multiple standards at once, we do save previously selected fields when you go to select a standard (shrinks the number of clicks down to 1).

This was a great suggestion.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Tricia
    Participant

It would be really nice to change the wording of “Discipline Reports” to “Uploaded Documents”.

We do not use that feature at all currently but would for other documents.  Staff directory records could then include:

• transcripts
    • License and other credentials
    • BCI/FBI reports
    • Drubg¬†Screening records
    • Discipline reports
    • and more.
  • Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

Makes sense and gives greater flexibility.

We’ll check with our other districts to see if this causes any issues.

Would also be cool to add the Google Drive file picker to this as well.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

@tricia this request is completed! Great suggestion.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    overbey m
    Participant

It would be nice to be able to schedule announcements with date, time and expiration (disappear from the Announcement screen).

This feature would allow users to create multiple announcements at one time but schedule them to appear at the appropriate time.

Mike

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

@overbey-m this is a solid request and somewhat related to @ktopping‘s request to be able to see all announcements if an Abre administrator.

We’ll continue to work to enhance the notification / announcement¬†part of abre. Keep the ideas flowing!

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Chris Dam
    Participant

I agree! I think this would be super helpful and allow administrators to create time-sensitive announcements and deliver them at the most appropriate time.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

@overbey-m and @cdamabre-io this feature request was implemented this weekend! Great suggestion.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    ktopping
    Participant

I would like to see announcements I post regardless of stream.

I have rights to post announcements to portal streams.¬† I am able to see, edit, and delete announcements on¬† my school’s staff stream, but not on my school’s student side.¬† If I post something to the school’s student stream, I am unable to edit or delete the announcement because I cannot see it.

Is there a way to keep an active history/list of the announcements an individual posts regardless of stream?

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster

This is a good suggestion and a must. I’m bringing this to the development team to add to the roadmap. This critical, especially with districts beginning to embrace the parent app.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Zach Vander Veen
    Keymaster
  • Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Cindy
    Keymaster

Curious thoughts on inclusion and display of economically disadvantaged data in Abre. Would users find it beneficial to have on the student profile card. This data can by default not displayed until a user intentionally clicks to see the data.

This data would be available for download from the reports within the student app.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Dustin
    Participant

I think it would be helpful for teachers to be aware of this information. This may lend insight into things going on at home affecting the student’s performance at school. Also, it will allow teachers to potentially follow up with students regarding possible need based aid/opportunities.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    pfeichtner
    Participant

I saw that we can toggle the Focus as active or inactive, but the students can still click on “End Lesson” when they are in the extension mode. Is this feature just in kiosk mode?

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Rebecca
    Participant

I would like the ability of Admin to view, edit, and delete all Forms regardless of the original owner.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Brandon Wilson
    Participant

Hi Rebecca,

The development team has identified this as an issue and have already been working to implement permissions to allow Admins and Forms Administrators to view, edit, and delete forms regardless of the owner.

I will be sure to reply back to this topic when this feature is released. Thank you for your continued feedback!

Best,

Brandon

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Brandon Wilson
    Participant

Hi Rebecca,

I just wanted to follow up on this thread. This previous weekend we released code that allows Abre Administrators, as well as, Forms Administrators to view, edit, and delete forms regardless of the owner.

As a Abre/Forms Administrator you should now see the menu option All Forms within the Forms App. This will display and allow for the searching of all forms created in the district. You will also be able to see the owner of the form and the date it was last modified. To edit the form’s information, you can click on the row. To delete or make a copy of the form you can click the 3 vertical dots and select the appropriate option.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Best,

Brandon

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Chris Dam
    Participant

I have had this request from a few districts, but it’d be nice to hide fields that are not filled out or left blank (un-selected) when you print a form or plan in Abre. For example, if I create a multiple choice field in Forms and then make that form into a Plan (like a WEP), I’d like for only the option I selected to print. I may not want the “unselected” choices to print in the PDF.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Brandon Wilson
    Participant

This feature will be released on 08/04. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Chris Dam
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this Brandon.

• Please
    Up
    Down
    No Thanks
    Chris Rose
    Keymaster

This feature has been completed and has been released.

The forum ‘Completed Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.