Abre Community Forums Feature Requests Edit Only Access for Teachers within the PLAN App

• Author
    Participant

As a district we are making it a goal to greatly expand our use of Abre this year as our teaching and learning hub.  For the 2019-2020 school year, teachers will complete their WEPs within Abre.  As a district, we feel that it is very important for teachers to complete WEPs for his or her own students so that the document is specific, differentiated, and meaningful.

We are currently in a little bit of a Catch-22 with this goal of teachers completing WEPs for his or her own students. Either:

We make teachers who are completing WEPs plan administrators, which means that they would be able to access/edit WEPs for student who are not their own.  This could lead to errors within the plan;

OR

Complete the WEP on behalf of teachers, which would mean either an inordinate amount of work for a small amount of people or a very simple and general plan.

It would be extremely beneficial and make the Plan app extraordinary more robust to be able to give specific teachers edit only access to specific students.

2+
  • Chris Dam
    Participant

Becky,

Thanks so much for submitting this as a Feature Request! I too have heard this request via other districts who use Abre for their WEP’s and WAP’s!

• Jo
    Participant

I agree with Becky.  We are also using Abre at Three Rivers LSD for our WEPs.  We would like our teachers to complete the WEPs, but cannot unless they are designated as administrators.  This can lead to problems mentioned such as plans being altered.  In addition, teachers shouldn’t have access to students that they do not have in class.

Our only other option is to have the two GIS’s write all of the WEPs.  It’s much easier to have each teacher write a few as opposed to two people writing all of them.  The teachers should also be part of this process as they are the people providing service in many cases.

2+
  • Dawn
    Participant

I am the other GIS at Three Rivers with JoAnn and we have had this same conversation many times.  It would be great to allow teachers edit only access for their specific students.  I am glad to see that other districts see the value in this as well.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.