After meeting with our administrative team and getting some great feedback on our professional learning setup in Abre (they LOVED it, by the way), we have some additional minor suggestions for functionality within the Learn and Plans apps. Looking to get your thoughts on potential development:
Would it be possible to see in the Redemption Codes breakdown, in addition to Title, Code, Points, and Redemptions, to also see who created the code?
Is it possible to include a hyperlink with the body of a question or description within a Form/Plan?
Is 10 the limit for the number of attachments in File Upload? If there any way to increase this number?
IMPORTANT: When Uploading Files, would it be possible to upload/attach directly from Google Drive? Ie, not having to download a file locally or convert to a PDF before uploading (much like Schoology, Bb or Canvas can do).
@david-2 These are great suggestions. I’m flagging for the development team. A few follow up questions:
- More a process question – but why knowing who created the code? In my mind it was always the LPDC committee that created the code – and folks would know each other. But maybe that’s a poor assumption.
- Why such a high number for attachments? Are you thinking this will be because folks will have 100s of scanned PDF certificate of attendance (ie the old system)? If folks have 100s uploaded to their google drive, they could download as a zip and upload the zip (1 file). A bit cumbersome for your committee – but given this is a one off, could work.
Adding a Drive File Picker would be awesome and we can have the team look at it as an option.
Regarding hyperlinks: It’s certainly not the BEST solution, but you can technically do this right now. You need to add a smidge of HTML and then make sure the type is set to “Output”. See the image below. Something to consider when we return to version 2.0 of forms.
1. We’ll have LPDC and administrators creating codes. It’s a detail that all our admins (and LPDC chair) thought would be valuable to have. As we have administrators collaborating across buildings and offering similar PD in their buildings, they wanted to be able to borrow codes from certain admins knowing it would fit their schema.
2. Yes, the high numbers are really just needed for this first iteration of activity logs. As we move things over, we anticipate not as many outside events are going to be needed, as such a high number of CEUs will be made available internally. Yes, zip files are too clunky for our LPDC team to manage, and having the option for more attachments would be much more user-friendly.
Good to know regarding the “output” type. Will definitely work for now.
Thanks for considering the requests! We are all very excited about this potential.
In a similar aspect (Forms/Plans/Attachments) but different context – we are putting together a Special Education Referral Form/Plan with loads of attachments (purpose – gathering documentation) –
- In the CSV – we would love to have hyperlinks to the attachments / uploaded documents for ease of viewing / printing / gathering info.
- Linking to Google Drive documents – would be an awesome add
- This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Rhonda.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.